Piers 1 1/2, 3 & 5 (The Piers), located on the Northeast Waterfront adjacent to the Ferry Building Waterfront, were originally built in 1918. By 1999, they had fallen into dilapidated condition and were condemned by the Port of San Francisco in 2004.
After responding to the Port’s Request for Proposals, PWP was selected to rehabilitate the project. In partnership with the Port, PWP was successful in having the property placed on the National Register of Historic Places, thereby qualifying it for federal tax credits. Project entitlements and approvals were secured from 16 various federal, state, and local public agencies. Construction commenced in 2004. The project was opened to considerable accolades from public and press in 2006.
In 2007, the project was awarded the Best Rehabilitation Project from the San Francisco Business Times Real Estate Deals of the Year as well as the 2007 Preservation Design Award by the California Preservation Foundation. In addition, the Project was nominated for the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce 2007 “SF Build” Excellence in Business Award.
San Francisco, CA
SF Business Times Deal of the Year for Restaurant – Coqueta (2013)
San Francisco Beautiful Award (2009)
California Preservation Foundation Award (2007)
SF Business Times Deal of the Year for Best Historic Preservation Project (2006)